Gluten-Free Scalloped Potatoes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This very easy scalloped potatoes recipe tastes great and is gluten free. The first few times I made this I used extra sharp Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses and we thought it was great. More recently I substituted Jarlsberg for the Cheddar and omitted the Parmesan. My husband and I liked this version even better! Experiment and let me know what's good!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 261
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Lightly grease a large microwave- and oven-safe casserole dish.
- Place butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high until melted, 30 to 45 seconds. Whisk in cornstarch and cayenne pepper to form a paste. Add milk and whisk until well blended. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir, and microwave until thick, another 2 minutes. Stir in Cheddar cheese.
- Place 1/2 of the potatoes in the prepared casserole dish and spread 1/2 of the sauce over top. Repeat with remaining potatoes and sauce. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and paprika over top.
- Microwave, covered, on high for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Transfer potatoes to the preheated oven and bake, uncovered, until sauce is bubbly and potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use your favorite cheese in place of Cheddar.
Per Serving: 261 calories; 11.7 29 10.5 35 118 Full nutrition