Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 277
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 tacos)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place taco shells on a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; stir in onion and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chicken, tomato sauce, 3 tablespoons salsa, and taco seasoning; stir well. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put refried beans in a microwave-safe container. Stir, cover, and microwave on high until hot, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir again and set aside.
- Warm taco shells in the preheated oven for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place warmed taco shells on a serving platter. Lay out remaining salsa, chicken mixture, refried beans, lettuce, Mexican cheese, bell peppers, and tomatoes in nice serving bowls and allow diners to fill their own tacos.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Soft taco-sized tortillas can be used instead of taco shells.
Per Serving: 277 calories; 12.6 21.3 19.6 49 768 Full nutrition