Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 186
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 egg bites)
- Fill a large pot with water and place a sous vide immersion cooker into the water. Set temperature to 170 degrees F (75 degrees C) according to manufacturer's directions.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Cool and chop each slice into 4 to 5 pieces.
- Combine eggs, cottage cheese, Gruyere cheese, heavy cream, and salt in a blender; run blender until thoroughly blended, 15 to 20 seconds.
- Spray mason jars with cooking spray. Divide bacon between each jar. Carefully pour the egg mixture over the bacon. Screw on the lids until just barely tightened. Do not over-tighten as the jars can burst in the hot water.
- Submerge mason jars into the water bath and set timer for 55 minutes. When timer is up, remove jars and transfer to a cooling rack. If serving immediately, run a knife along the outer edge and invert onto a plate; you can also eat directly from the jar. Let any remaining jars cool, then refrigerate for up to 1 week.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Reheat in the microwave at low power (30%) for about 1 minute, or in a sous vide bath for 10 to 15 minutes at 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
Per Serving: 186 calories; 13.8 1.2 14.2 214 420 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1