Roasted Sweet Potato, Black Bean, and Chorizo Breakfast Bowls
"These breakfast bowls are a change from the usual and are loaded with a variety of flavors and textures. Home- or store-made chorizo is best, but feel free to use your favorite brand. You may also combine the sweet potatoes, black beans, chorizo and avocados all together before topping with the egg. I like to top mine with cotija cheese, cilantro, and chipotle hot sauce."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 826
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine sweet potatoes, olive oil, cumin, and salt in a medium bowl. Spread evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven, stirring after 10 minutes, until browned and cooked, 18 to 20 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, combine black beans, cumin, salt, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until warmed through, 8 to 10 minutes. Keep warm.
- Brown chorizo in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up any large clumps, for 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer chorizo to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon. Reserve about 1 tablespoon grease in the skillet, adding butter as needed to make up the difference.
- Crack eggs into the skillet and cook until whites are set and yolks reach the desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Divide sweet potatoes, drained black beans, chorizo, and avocados between 4 bowls. Top each bowl with an egg.
You might also like
Per Serving: 826 calories; 52 58.4 34.8 291 2071 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made this for a lunch and had pre-cooked the chorizo sausage. I added cooked quinoa to the bottom of the bowl and mounded the various veges, meat and egg on top. We also added a fiesta blend ...