Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos
9 made it | 0 reviews |
"I needed a dinner entree I could make for a pretty large party that wouldn't break the bank and wouldn't take me all day to cook. So, I decided tacos would do the trick! I threw together some ingredients for shredded chicken tacos, and it turned out great. I served them on corn tortillas, with diced white onion, cilantro, and freshly quartered limes for a more "authentic" feel, but the meat is great for nachos or other dishes as well."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h servings 170
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 tacos)
- Season chicken with salt, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Place into the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour diced tomatoes into the cooker, followed by onions, jalapenos, habanero peppers, and garlic. Squeeze the juice of lime into the pot and stir the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on High until chicken breasts are no longer pink in the centers, 4 1/2 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred meat with 2 forks, and return to the pot. Mix to combine and serve with tortillas.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use frozen, defrosted chicken breasts for this.
- These do trend a bit toward the spicy side, so you may want to adjust/remove some ingredients to your liking.
Per Serving: 170 calories; 3 17.5 18.3 43 1290 Full nutrition