Air Fryer Chicken Katsu with Homemade Katsu Sauce
Ingredients40 m servings 318
- Whisk ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic together in a bowl until sugar has dissolved. Set katsu sauce aside.
- Preheat an air fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, lay chicken pieces on a clean work surface. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place beaten eggs in a flat dish. Pour bread crumbs into a second flat dish. Dredge chicken pieces in egg and then in bread crumbs. Repeat by dredging chicken in egg and then bread crumbs again, pressing down so that the bread crumbs stick to the chicken.
- Place chicken pieces in the basket of the pre-heated air fryer. Spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray.
- Air fry for 10 minutes. Flip chicken pieces over using a spatula and spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray. Cook for 8 minutes more. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice. Serve with katsu sauce.
Per Serving: 318 calories; 6.7 41.2 32 158 1164 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Loved it and the sauce made more than I thought so I doubled it and it was more than I needed so I’ll use it on other dishes
First time for me to cook chicken in my air fryer too. What a great way to cook chicken! Now, to the recipe: easy, pleasing, and FIVE STARS ALL THE WAY!!!
Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. This was the first time I cooked chicken in my air fryer. Will certainly do so again!
This is absolutely delicious!!!! Family enjoyed it as well. I'll definitely be making this again. And it was made in the air fryer.