"If you've ever been to Brenda's French Soul Food in San Francisco, you know how delicious these things are, and for those who haven't, prepare yourself for a mouthful of awesome! I'm not sure the exact measurements they use, but this is my personal version that comes pretty close to the real thing. Looking forward to your feedback and hope you all enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 449
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 beignets)
- Mix crawfish meat, Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, and green onion together in a big bowl.
- Flatten and stretch out 12 biscuits with your hands or a rolling pin until they are rectangular in shape and about 4x5 inches.
- Place a scoop of the crawfish mix in the middle of each flattened biscuit and close all sides around it, working with your hands until all creases are fully sealed and you reach a desired shape.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place beignets carefully into the hot oil and fry until they float to the top and are golden brown on both sides, flipping as needed, about 5 minutes total. Remove from oil onto a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle tops with paprika and cayenne pepper.
You might also like
Per Serving: 449 calories; 29.2 33.5 13.3 51 915 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Great recipe. I cooked mine in the toaster oven to try and be a little healthier.