Best Buttery Basil Biscuits
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is an amazing recipe for biscuits! I recommend serving these as an appetizer with smoked salmon, lemon, and capers. These biscuits can be served with about every meal, the butter on top and inside make them soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Place in an airtight container if you have one to preserve them longer. Enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 185
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 biscuits)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Sift flour, 1 tablespoon basil, baking powder, 2 teaspoons salt, and cayenne together in a bowl. Blend in 1/2 cup butter using a fork until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk slowly, working the dough as you add. Mix in pesto.
- Chill the dough for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Work the dough on a floured surface until no longer sticky. Roll to your desired thickness and cut into 12 medium biscuits using a round cookie cutter. Place on a baking sheet and spread the tops of each with about 1/3 tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle with remaining dried basil and salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 15 minutes, turning them over after 10 minutes have passed so that the top browns a little too.
You might also like
Per Serving: 185 calories; 12 16.8 2.7 31 605 Full nutrition