Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 232
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat a waffle maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Whisk egg, 2 teaspoons bagel seasoning, coconut flour, and baking powder together in a small bowl. Stir in mozzarella cheese.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter onto the waffle maker and spread it out from the center with a spoon. Close the waffle maker and cook until the chaffle reaches your desired doneness and waffle maker stops steaming, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove chaffle from waffle maker, place on a rack, and repeat process with remaining batter. Cool for several minutes to let them crisp up.
- Spread each chaffle with 1/2 of the salmon cream cheese and garnish with remaining 1 teaspoon bagel seasoning, capers, and red onion. Cut out a circle in the center of the chaffle with a sharp knife or use a 1 1/2-inch round cookie cutter to make the chaffles look more authentic and fun.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I use a Dash® Mini Waffle Maker for these chaffles - inexpensive and available online.
- If you don't want to include the capers and onion, you may omit them, but I think the briny flavor from the capers, in particular, really complements the salmon cream cheese.
Per Serving: 232 calories; 15.3 5.7 12.5 141 1014 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I bought the dash mini waffle maker just because I had heard of a chaffle and was intrigued since I do keto. This was the first one I made, and glad I did! Satisfied my bagel craving. I only top...