Poppy Seed-Lemon Bars
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 193
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 bars)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and confectioners' sugar in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add flour, salt, and cardamom; mix until just combined. Stir in poppy seeds until evenly distributed. Press dough evenly into the prepared baking dish with floured hands.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until edges are just starting to brown, about 18 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, combine sugar, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Add flour and stir until just combined.
- As soon as the crust comes out of the oven, pour the filling into it and return to the oven.
- Bake until filling is puffy and lightly browned around the edges, about 30 minutes. Place on a wire rack and cool completely before cutting into 16 squares. Dust lightly with confectioners sugar.
You might also like
Per Serving: 193 calories; 7.1 30.8 2.6 50 91 Full nutrition