Pomelo Salad with Peanuts, Mint, and Chile
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 240
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Cook and stir coconut in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until toasted and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut top and bottom off the pomelo, about 1/2 inch from each side. Make vertical cuts around the fruit, about 1/2 inch into the rind. Pull off slices of rind. Pull off any thick pieces of membrane. Split fruit open and separate into segments. Peel membrane off each slice.
- Place pomelo slices in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle toasted coconut, peanuts, shallots, and mint on top.
- Combine hot water and palm sugar in a jar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Whisk in lime juice, fish sauce, and chile pepper. Spoon dressing over salad.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Thai bird's eye chiles can be really spicy. Adjust the amount of chile to taste.
- Substitute light brown sugar for the palm sugar if preferred.
- Fried shallots are available at Asian grocery stores. You can make your own by heating 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a small saucepan. Add 1/2 shallot, thinly sliced. Fry until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Watch carefully that they do not burn. Drain well before using.
Per Serving: 240 calories; 8.1 41.7 5.3 0 624 Full nutrition