Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 898
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9-inch 3-layer cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
- Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating briefly after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cardamom, and salt in a large bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in 3 batches, alternating with milk, beating batter briefly after each addition. Add vanilla and almond extracts; beat until smooth.
- Transfer about 1/3 of the batter to a small bowl and divide it evenly amongst the prepared cake pans.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon to remaining batter and beat until well mixed. Pour into the cake pans and swirl with a spoon to mix slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen. Invert carefully onto a serving plate or cooling rack. Let cool, about 30 minutes.
- While cakes are cooling, cream butter for the frosting in a large bowl. Slowly add 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar; beat until mixed. Add remaining powdered sugar alternately with milk and vanilla extract. Beat until frosting is smooth and reaches a thick spreading consistency.
- Frost and stack layers of cake and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
You might also like
Per Serving: 898 calories; 30.5 152.3 7.2 141 500 Full nutrition