Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 465
Original recipe yields 14 servings (1 9-inch layer cake)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk sugar, melted butter, eggs, milk, yogurt, and rum together in a medium bowl until blended. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour in rum mixture, stirring until combined. Pour batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool in the pans. Pierce cakes 15 to 20 times with a toothpick to prepare for rum glaze.
- Melt 3/4 cup butter in water in a saucepan for rum glaze over medium-low heat. Bring to a slow boil. Stir in 3/4 cup sugar and continue to boil, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Let mixture cool for 5 minutes, then mix in 7 ounces of rum. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in another saucepan for chocolate glaze over medium-low heat. Bring to a slow boil. Stir in remaining sugar and continue to boil, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Let mixture cool for 5 minutes, then mix in remaining rum and chocolate bar until melted.
- Pour rum glaze over the tops of the cakes while still in the pans. When tops are saturated, turn out onto plates and drizzle more on the bottoms. Repeat until all rum glaze is used. Spread the melted chocolate glaze over the bottom of the cake and then put on the top layer. Spread any remaining chocolate glaze over the top for a nice, dark sheen.
You might also like
Per Serving: 465 calories; 22.4 50.9 4.1 93 309 Full nutrition