Lentil and Kale Stew
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 347
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cut stems off the kale and mince. Chop leaves into pinky finger-sized strips.
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Saute onion until soft and starting to brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Grind fresh salt and pepper over the onion. Add black and red lentils; toss with onion to coat.
- Stir in vegetable broth, cumin, and cayenne. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and add kale stems and leaves. Simmer until lentils are tender and broth is largely absorbed, about 20 minutes. Squeeze in lemon juice. Sample stew and adjust cumin, cayenne, and pepper until it has a complex, full-flavored taste.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Vary lentils as desired, but black and red make it a gorgeous dish.
- Substitute rainbow chard if preferred. Rainbow chard makes for lovely colors.
Per Serving: 347 calories; 11 46.1 18 0 728 Full nutrition