Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 535
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook macaroni noodles, without the cheese powder packet, until almost tender and firm to the bite, about 7 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, bell pepper, and onion; cook until beef is browned and crumbly, 6 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and cayenne pepper. Drain and discard grease if desired.
- Drain macaroni and place in a casserole dish. Add the cheese powder packet, diced tomatoes with green chiles, and the sauteed beef and vegetables. Stir well. Lay American cheese slices on top, covering filling as well as possible.
- Bake in the preheated oven until piping hot throughout and cheese is melted, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool briefly before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you would like, use the microwave to melt the cheese. It may take only 2 to 5 minutes for the cheese to start bubbling.
Per Serving: 535 calories; 23.3 48.3 32.3 90 1358 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1