Air Fryer French Fries
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"Since I missed the whole Instant Pot® train, I had to make at least one air fryer recipe while they're still hot. And it doesn't get more classic than French fries; the generally accepted technique is pretty, dare I say, airtight, at this point, but I do have one extra trick in store! Finally, dip them in honey mustard, spicy ketchup, garlic aioli, or all 3 mixed together, like I did."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 108
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Cut each potato lengthwise into 3/8-inch-thick slices. Slice sections into sticks also about 3/8 inch-wide.
- Cover potatoes with water and let soak for 5 minutes to release excess starches. Drain and cover with boiling water by a few inches (or place in a bowl of boiling water). Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and transfer onto some paper towels. Blot off the excess water and let cool completely, at least 10 minutes. Transfer into a mixing bowl; drizzle with oil, season with cayenne, and toss to coat.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Stack potatoes in a double layer in the fryer basket. Cook for 15 minutes. Slide basket out and toss fries; continue frying until golden brown, about 10 minutes more. Toss fries with salt in a mixing bowl. Serve immediately.
You might also like
- Chef's Notes:
- Go with russet potatoes for best results. Yellow/gold potatoes might barely work, and red potatoes not at all.
- Season these however you like, but I like to wait till the end to add salt.
Per Serving: 108 calories; 2.4 19.9 2.3 0 247 Full nutrition