Easy Chocolate Mousse without Eggs
"My husband and I honeymooned in Paris two years ago. We were on our way to see the Eiffel Tower when it began to rain. Quickly, we hurried into the first cafe we came across. We ordered chocolate mousse for dessert. To say that it was divine would be an understatement. I knew I wanted to recreate that dessert for my husband when we got home. Serve in wine glasses for a nice touch."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 20 m servings 511
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Heat 1/2 cup cream in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it begins to rise and foam, watching carefully so it doesn't spill over, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour over chocolate chips and cover for 1 minute.
- Remove cover and slowly stir with a spatula until smooth. Stir in hot coffee and vanilla extract until all chocolate has melted.
- Whip remaining 1 cup cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold cream into chocolate mixture until combined.
- Spoon into glasses and refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
You might also like
Per Serving: 511 calories; 45.6 29.1 3.6 122 39 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1