Simple Chocolate Mousse
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Chris D. Williams
"This amazing dessert is made with just three ingredients and comes together in minutes. A word of warning - once you've tasted this simple chocolate mousse, you will never eat regular chocolate mousse again. I know you've been told not to mix water and chocolate, but trust me, this works."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 406
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Break up chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Pour water over chocolate and microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes. Remove and stir until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Place heavy cream into a mixing bowl and mix with an electric stand mixer's whisk attachment until stiff peaks form. Fold chocolate mixture into cream using a rubber spatula until mixture is uniform. Place immediately into a serving dish.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Mousse can be spooned or sliced.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use 3 tablespoons liqueur and 2 tablespoons water instead of all water. Liqueur/chocolate pairings include dark chocolate with Grand Marnier, Framboise, and rum; milk chocolate with Kahlua® or Frangelico; white chocolate with amaretto, Kirsch, or Bailey's®.
- If using white chocolate, cocoa butter should be the first or maybe second ingredient, and heat for 2 minutes at 30% power.
Per Serving: 406 calories; 34.6 28.2 3 82 28 Full nutrition