Funeral Chicken Casserole
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Leslie du Mont
"Don't let the name of this recipe fool you! This is a winner! (It gets its name from the fact that we make it whenever someone we know has a loved one that passes away.) It doubles very easily and freezes like a breeze. You can switch your vegetables around to the ones your family likes, too. We switch them out all the time depending on what we're in the mood for."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 368
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a casserole dish.
- Mix crackers and butter together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Mix chicken, green beans, cream of mushroom soup, Cheddar cheese, sour cream, onion, bell pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a large mixing bowl. Stir in half of the cracker mixture. Pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining cracker mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly, about 35 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use cream of celery soup instead of mushroom if you like.
- You can make this as fancy and/or health-conscious as you'd like...even use fresh veggies or rotisserie chicken. The sky is the limit as to how you could put your stamp on this one!
Per Serving: 368 calories; 24.6 21.7 15.9 66 651 Full nutrition