Creamy Party Chicken Bake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is really easy to make and with cream cheese and butter it's really rich. I have served after a funeral with tons of requests for the recipe. Because of the richness I have never made this for a dinner but always at a gathering. You could reduce the butter to 1 1/2 sticks with success, but why do it? It's really good this way. I have seen a couple other chicken casseroles using crackers, but none with all of these ingredients which really make this special. It looks really creamy, but it turns out great."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 868
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch bake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add chicken breasts and boil until no longer pink in the centers, about 20 minutes. Let cool enough to handle; shred with 2 forks.
- Mix condensed soups, cream cheese, and sour cream together in a large bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise and flour together in a separate bowl; add to cream of chicken mixture. Mix in shredded chicken thoroughly. Spread into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove; leave the oven on.
- Place crackers and butter in a pan over low heat. Cook until golden, about 10 minutes. Place on top of chicken mixture and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and browned, about 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- This can be prepared the day before by following up to step 5, allowing to cool, and refrigerating covered. The next day prepare the topping and bake until bubbly and golden.
Per Serving: 868 calories; 64.1 54.2 20.3 126 1272 Full nutrition