Healthy Roasted Cushaw Muffins with Rosemary Sea Salt
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 158
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease 18 muffin cups.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill the bottom of the basket with 3 inches of water. Bring water to a boil. Add squash, cover, and steam until skin is easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Let cool enough to handle, 15 to 30 minutes. Remove outer skin.
- Place squash flesh into the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth. Reserve 1 cup for muffins.
- Whisk maple syrup and coconut oil together in a large bowl until well combined. Add eggs and whisk well. Add 1 cup squash puree, Greek yogurt, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt, ginger, and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Stir in whole wheat flour, pecans, and oats until just combined.
- Combine sea salt and rosemary in a small ramekin. Rub mixture with your fingers to release the oils from rosemary into the salt.
- Divide muffin batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Top with with a dash of the rosemary sea salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 18 to 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Honey works well in place of maple syrup. You can substitute pumpkin for cushaw squash.
- You can use the squash puree immediately or freeze for later use.
Per Serving: 158 calories; 7.7 20.8 3.5 22 344 Full nutrition