Vegan Black Bean Burgers with Oats
5 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 250
Original recipe yields 15 servings (15 burgers)
- Process black beans in a food processor or blender with just enough of the reserved can liquid to get the processor going. Place into a large bowl.
- Blend oats in the food processor until they become oat flour; add to the large bowl. Blend sunflower seeds until finely ground; add to the bowl. Blend mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion in batches in a food processor and add to oat mixture. Mix in parsley, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin thoroughly using your hands or a rubber spatula, adding more processed oats if needed to hold shape.
- Roll mixture into 15 tight balls, flatten, and cup the sides to ensure the patties do not have cracks. Place on wax or parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), or over medium heat. Place patties carefully into the hot oil using your hands or a spatula, working in batches. Cook until browned and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove and place onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil, about 2 minutes. Repeat with more oil until all burgers are cooked.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use cooked dried black beans instead of canned.
- Leftover burgers can be pan-fried in about 2 tablespoons oil to reheat.
- This is a large batch. If your family is small, then make a half batch, or you can use half of the batch for burgers, and the other for "meatballs."
Per Serving: 250 calories; 14.6 23.6 9.5 0 1135 Full nutrition