Citrus Spinach Salad with Feta and Cranberry Dressing
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Summer citrus salads are always a must in our Texas heat. This spinach and grapefruit salad is a quick and easy fix that can be whipped up easily with most items you already keep in your pantry/kitchen. I can easily have this as a meal in itself but it works great as a side salad with a cool cucumber/alfalfa/tzatziki 1/2 sandwich. The options are endless and yours to create. Add some sliced strawberries for sweetness and bright, festive color."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 491
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread walnuts on a baking sheet.
- Toast in the preheated oven until golden and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Zest orange and reserve. Slice the tops and bottoms of grapefruit and cut along the curves, top-down, to remove skins and piths. Repeat with orange. Cut fruits into segments on a plate or shallow bowl, cutting from connective membranes and catching any extra juices (save juices for dressing). Squeeze segments lightly for extra juice.
- Combine toasted walnuts, spinach, feta cheese, and grapefruit and orange slices in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour grapefruit and orange juices into a measuring cup and add enough cranberry juice to reach 1/3 cup. Whisk in olive oil, turbinado sugar, 1 teaspoon reserved orange zest, parsley, and kosher salt until dressing is thickened. Drizzle over salad. Garnish with any remaining orange zest.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use white sugar instead of turbinado.
Per Serving: 491 calories; 40.9 28.2 7 17 479 Full nutrition