Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 167
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place carrots in a large roasting dish big enough to hold all the root vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss sweet potato with 1/4 tablespoon warm sunflower oil for 2 minutes to give it color. Add pumpkin and toss for 30 seconds. Add to carrots and roast until all vegetables are softened and the color has intensified, about 40 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, heat remaining 1/4 tablespoon sunflower oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 more minute. Stir in cumin, turmeric, and harissa; cook for 1 minute.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and add to the pot. Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with cilantro to serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can add different spices and fresh chili to vary the soup or use none at all. Using a well flavored broth is key. You can use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth.
Per Serving: 167 calories; 4.1 30.9 3.4 0 419 Full nutrition