Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 25 m servings 186
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Slice open chile peppers and remove most of the seeds. Discard seeds and stems. Roughly chop and transfer to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add onion, lime juice, tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, cumin, salt, and oregano to the peppers; pulse until smooth.
- Place beef roast into a slow cooker and spread pureed mixture over top. Add broth, bay leaves, and cloves.
- Cover and cook on Low until beef is tender and can be easily pulled apart with a fork, about 7 hours.
- Remove beef from the slow cooker and shred meat. Return meat to the slow cooker, cover, and cook for 1 more hour. Remove bay leaves before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use fewer peppers (and remove more seeds) for a milder flavor.
Per Serving: 186 calories; 12.9 2.9 13.9 52 514 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1