Jalapeno Popper Pasta
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 514
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish. Slice one whole jalapeno lengthwise into slivers; slice remaining jalapeno into rounds. Set aside.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Let cool enough to touch; crumble and divide into two equal parts. Set aside.
- Heat bacon grease in the same pan over medium-high heat. Saute onion and 1/2 cup chopped jalapeno in the hot grease until onion is soft and translucent, 5 to 6 minutes. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in milk and chicken broth until well combined. Stir in Neufchatel cheese until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat and stir in 1/2 cup pepper Jack cheese and 1/2 cup sharp Cheddar cheese until melted. Add pasta, chicken, and 1/2 of the bacon.
- Pour 1/2 of the pasta mixture into the prepared dish and top with jalapeno slivers. Add remaining pasta mixture and top with remaining pepper Jack and sharp Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered, in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and add jalapeno slices and remaining bacon. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Regular cream cheese can be used in place of Neufchatel cheese.
Per Serving: 514 calories; 28.3 38.3 25.5 87 1271 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1