Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 415
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Combine whole chicken, chicken broth, beef broth, tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, jalapenos, and garlic in a large stockpot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until chicken can be easily pulled off the bone, 40 minutes to 1 hour
- Make chimichurri while chicken is boiling. Place parsley, olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic, oregano, cumin, hot sauce, and salt in the container of a blender or food processor. Blend on medium speed until evenly combined, about 10 seconds.
- Remove chicken from the broth and let cool in a separate bowl. Fill blender halfway with stock. Cover and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Pour back into pot. Repeat with remaining stock.
- Return stock to the heat and add potatoes, parsnips, carrots, and cilantro. Simmer until vegetables are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Pull chicken meat off the bones and add to the soup. Stir in 1/4 to 1/2 cup chimichurri. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
You might also like
Per Serving: 415 calories; 23.5 30.2 21.6 70 726 Full nutrition