Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 163
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 muffins)
- Soak oats and buttermilk in a bowl for at least 1 hour, to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and xanthan gum in a bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, shortening, and egg in a second bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add flour mixture and soaked oats and stir until combined. Fill the prepared muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 15 to 20 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 163 calories; 7.1 23.4 3.2 14 261 Full nutrition