Spicy Ground Beef Cabbage Wraps with Peanut Sauce
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 173
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 wraps)
- Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, sambal oelek, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes for sauce together in a small bowl. Whisk in small amount of water slowly until well combined and you reach your desired consistency. Set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Brown the ground beef, green onions, and garlic for about 5 minutes. Stir in rice vinegar, sambal oelek, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the ground beef mixture evenly among the 12 cabbage leaves. Top each with a dollop of the peanut sauce, a squeeze of a lime wedge, and sprinkle with peanuts. Fold up the sides of the leaves and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You may use large cabbage or romaine leaves for the wraps. If you have peanut sauce left over, just mix it into hot pasta for a delicious side dish, or drizzle over tofu or grilled chicken.
- As an option to whisking the sauce, you also may put the ingredients into a mini blender/food processor, and give it a whirl. If too thick for you, just add a bit more water. Set aside.
Per Serving: 173 calories; 10.9 11.3 11.3 25 211 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Easy and flavorful. I served it over large lettuce leaves with some naan on the side.