Instant Pot® Seafood Gumbo
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 424
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add butter, followed by celery, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir until vegetables are softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour over and stir to thoroughly coat.
- Pour in 1 1/2 cups chicken broth while continuing to stir vegetables. Pour in beer. Set an elevated trivet on top of the mixture. Pour water and rice into a small silicone bowl and set on top of trivet. Cancel Saute mode. Seal and lock the lid into place.
- Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes.
- Switch to Saute function. Remove rice and trivet carefully. Add shrimp, cod, scallops, Cajun seasoning, Worcestershire, salt, thyme, and cayenne to the Instant Pot(R).
- Whisk remaining flour with remaining chicken broth in a small bowl. Pour into the pot and mix together. Stir frequently and allow to thicken and cook until shrimp are bright pink, cod is easily flaked with a fork, and scallops are opaque, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with a scoop of rice.
You might also like
Per Serving: 424 calories; 10.6 46.2 31 149 2112 Full nutrition