Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 126
Original recipe yields 8 servings (16 sausage patties)
- Mix TVP, vegetable broth, and flaxseed meal together in a large mixing bowl and let sit for 5 minutes. Add oats, yeast, flour, gluten, sage, black pepper, fennel seeds, garlic powder, thyme, smoked paprika, salt, and cayenne. Mix until well blended.
- Combine water, soy sauce, and maple syrup in a separate container and mix well. Add to the TVP mixture and combine into a slightly crumbly dough. Mix well to activate gluten and let dough sit for 5 minutes; dough should stiffen slightly and become less crumbly.
- Form into tablespoon-size balls and flatten slightly.
- Heat oil in a cast iron or nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Cook sausage patties in the hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use warm water instead of vegetable broth, any type of flour that you prefer, and Bragg® Amino Acids instead of soy sauce.
- If dough is too wet, sprinkle slightly more flour (or oats/breadcrumbs) and mix again, adjust and mix as needed until dough will mostly still stick together in tablespoon-size balls.
Per Serving: 126 calories; 3.3 11.6 14.7 0 571 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1