Jalapeno Popper Risotto
4 made it | 0 reviews |
"All the deliciousness of a jalapeno popper in a risotto made with Greek yogurt to keep it wholesome and creamy. Toasting the rice without oil gives it a lovely flavor and texture, keeping it more wholesome than other risotti that contain butter. This has become a favorite at our house. Leftovers make wonderful arancini."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 421
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat vegetable broth in a pot over medium-high heat until boiling; reduce heat to a simmer.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add rice and begin to toast, flipping it to ensure it toasts evenly. Continue until rice becomes golden and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Do not burn.
- Remove rice from the pot. Add jalapeno and vegetable oil. Saute over medium heat until softened, about 8 minutes. Add toasted rice and stir to absorb the jalapeno flavor.
- Stir 1/2 cup heated broth into the rice mixture until broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until liquid is absorbed and rice has doubled in size. Add Greek yogurt. Mix well until melted and incorporated, adding more broth as necessary until rice is al dente.
- Turn off heat and add pepper Jack cheese, saving 1 to 2 teaspoons as garnish. Wait until starches settle, about 2 minutes. Distribute evenly between 4 plates. Top with reserved pepper Jack cheese. Serve hot.
You might also like
Per Serving: 421 calories; 8.4 73.8 10.7 23 318 Full nutrition