Amish Apple Dumplings
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 772
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set apples aside in a cold water bath while you prepare the dough.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Add shortening and cut together with a pastry blender or a fork until crumbly. Add milk and stir until dough comes together.
- Combine 1 cup brown sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Separate dough into six equal portions and roll out to about 1/4-inch thickness. Place an apple in the center of each dough portion and fill the core with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Wrap each apple in dough and place into the prepared pan.
- Combine remaining brown sugar, water, butter, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted, about 5 minutes. Pour syrup over dumplings.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dough is golden brown and apples are soft, about 40 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also bake these 2 a piece in small, foil-lined loaf pans.
Per Serving: 772 calories; 31.2 128.8 1.3 22 494 Full nutrition