Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 5 m servings 476
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Saute onion in the hot oil, about 7 minutes. Add mushrooms, increase heat to medium-high, and cook and stir until water evaporates and they brown nicely, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in garlic and transfer mixture into a mixing bowl; let cool.
- Stir oats, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup parsley, eggs, broth, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper into the mixture to combine. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for flavors and texture to develop, at least 2 hours, to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a rimmed baking sheet lightly.
- Form small balls from the mixture using a tablespoon as a measure. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat marinara sauce in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Remove meatballs from the oven and transfer to the sauce; cook over low heat for 15 minutes more. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and/or 1 teaspoon parsley.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can alternatively fry the meatballs on the stovetop in a small amount of vegetable oil until they are browned.
Per Serving: 476 calories; 15.7 65.9 20.1 102 1205 Full nutrition