Fake Cod Holiday Mocktail
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"A holiday drink the whole family can enjoy. Freshly made cranberry syrup, ice cubes with fresh fruit, and a squeeze of lime are topped with tonic water. Serve with a string of popcorn and dried cranberries for a festive aperitivo at your holiday get-together. Make the ice cubes and syrup the night before."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 30 m servings 155
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 mocktails)
- Place 1 teaspoon pomegranate seeds in 8 of the wells in a 16-cube ice tray; drop red currants in remaining 8 wells. Fill wells with water. Freeze into ice cubes, 8 hours to overnight.
- Combine chopped cranberries, water, and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Simmer, stirring frequently, until cranberries have completely softened, about 15 minutes.
- Strain cranberries through a fine mesh sieve, gently pressing the pulp to extract the liquid. Let syrup cool before covering, then refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Use a clean needle to thread popcorn and dried cranberries onto one long food-grade thread. Cut into 8 equal strings.
- Add 1 pomegranate ice cube and 1 red currant ice cube to each serving glass. Pour 2 tablespoons syrup into each and top with 3/4 cup tonic water. Garnish with a lime wedge and a string of popcorn and cranberries.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use fresh or frozen cranberries.
- Don't throw away the cranberry pulp. Use it for smoothies or pancakes or even muffins.
Per Serving: 155 calories; 0.2 40.1 0.5 0 22 Full nutrition