Beyond Beef® Vegan Meatballs
"These plant-based meatballs with spinach, nutritional yeast, and vegan bread crumbs deliver lots of flavor. We like more of a crunchy, dry meatball so these are baked in the oven without sauce but they can be simmered on the stovetop in marinara sauce, as well. Store cooked meatballs in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 411
Original recipe yields 8 servings (48 meatballs)
- Combine frozen spinach and water in a 1-quart microwave-safe casserole dish. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time. Break up any clumps with a fork and cook for 1 more minute. Transfer to a colander to drain. When cool enough to handle, squeeze small handfuls of spinach to release remaining water and place spinach in a large mixing bowl.
- Add Beyond Beef(R), nutritional yeast, bread crumbs, tomato paste, minced garlic, oregano, basil, onion powder, salt, and pepper to the spinach. Mix with your hands until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Roll into 1 1/4-inch diameter meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven. Working in batches, add about 12 meatballs and cook, turning often and being careful not to burn, until browned on all sides, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer meatballs to the prepared baking sheet, and repeat with remaining batches.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, 30 to 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- To cook these in marinara sauce, brown meatballs as instructed and transfer to a plate. Add two 24-ounce jars of your favorite marinara sauce to the browned bits in the Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the browned meatballs, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until meatballs are cooked through, 35 to 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 411 calories; 26.1 18.5 29.2 0 705 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1