"I was looking for an icing recipe for a long time that used fresh raspberries as well as chocolate. However, no such thing seemed to exist, so I came up with this one! It tastes amazing with chocolate anything, and has a really prominent fruity flavor. So, here's my recipe for chocolate-raspberry icing! I used this icing to make an amazing chocolate cake."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 157
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Bring raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Strain and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa powder. Whisk until smooth; taste and adjust flavorings as needed.
- Beat with a whisk for a thick and creamy icing. Let cool before using.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 2 teaspoons lemon extract for the lemon juice if desired.
- You can save the cooked raspberry seeds and thicker juice in an airtight container for a great makeshift jam.
- Add up to 6 tablespoons more butter if the whipping is not working well.
Per Serving: 157 calories; 5.1 28.7 0.8 13 38 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1