Skillet-Roasted Reuben Potato Casserole
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I saw a similar dish prepared on a local TV station and since Reubens are one of my mother's favorite sandwiches, I made this recipe for dinner for my parents and they loved it! I've since made it many times for various potlucks and it always gets rave reviews! Serve with more Thousand Island dressing on the side or drizzled over top."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 448
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 casserole)
- Place potato slices in a bowl, cover with cold water, and soak for at least 15 minutes. Transfer to a colander and drain well.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Arrange overlapping potato slices over the melted butter, starting at the center of the pan and going outward in a fan shape, until entire bottom surface is covered. Season with salt and pepper. Layer with sauerkraut, corned beef, Thousand Island dressing, and Swiss cheese.
- Cover skillet with a lid and cook until potatoes are soft and cooked through and cheese is melted, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use deli turkey breast in place of corned beef, if preferred.
- Recipe can be doubled to fit a larger baking dish, if feeding a larger number of people.
- Cook time varies with the type and thickness of the potatoes.
Per Serving: 448 calories; 30.3 25.9 20.7 89 1612 Full nutrition