Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 305
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9-inch skillet bread)
- Pour vegetable oil into a 9-inch cast iron skillet and place skillet in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- While the oven is preheating, place corn in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Place corn in a colander to drain any excess liquid, then transfer to a medium bowl. Add blueberries and 2 tablespoons flour and toss to combine; set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, 1 cup flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs together in a small bowl. Pour into the cornmeal-flour mixture and mix to combine. Gently fold in the reserved blueberry-corn mixture.
- Remove skillet from the oven and brush the oil onto the bottom and sides until coated. Pour batter into the hot skillet and level the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use frozen blueberries in place of fresh, if preferred.
Per Serving: 305 calories; 14.8 38.7 5.1 63 372 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1