Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 m servings 182
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine kale and lemon juice in a bowl. Vigorously massage kale by squeezing handfuls for about 1 minute. Add avocados, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Mix together olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Pour dressing over salad and mix well. Serve immediately.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Do not over massage kale or it will become mushy. You can serve salad up to 1 hour after preparation but if doing so, massage kale for less time than instructed, as lemon will continue to "cook" kale, making it mushy.
- Experiment with different mixtures of dark greens but if you are adding lettuce, skip the massage step. Try different mixtures of acidic citrus juices and mixtures of allium. Red onion is great as well, or add additional fresh vegetables, such as diced carrot, jalapenos, diced bell peppers, corn, etc.
- Feel free to season dressing with nutritional yeast, paprika, garlic powder, and/or onion powder.
Per Serving: 182 calories; 11.7 19.9 5.5 0 348 Full nutrition