Tuscan Kale Lasagna
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"This hearty lasagna is sure to warm you up on those cold winter nights. Whole milk ricotta and tangy chevre goat cheese, layered with kale and mushrooms. Delicious! If you like more sauce with your lasagna, top with leftover tomato sauce. Serve with a crisp green salad and fresh sourdough bread--yum!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 300
Original recipe yields 9 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bring 2 large pots of water (one heavily salted, and one lightly salted) to a boil. Add lasagna noodles to the heavily salted water and parboil for 6 minutes. Remove noodles to an ice water bath to stop the cooking process; drain and set aside.
- Add kale to the lightly salted water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Dry thoroughly and rip into large, bite-sized pieces; set aside.
- Mix ricotta cheese, goat cheese, and egg together in a bowl. Mix in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; stir in mushrooms and season with salt. Saute until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until mushrooms are tender, 3 minutes more. Remove from the heat.
- Coat the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish with 1/2 cup tomato sauce. Layer ingredients evenly as follows, pressing down firmly after adding each layer of noodles: 2 lasagna noodles, 1/2 the ricotta cheese mixture, all the kale, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 1/8 cup Parmesan, 2 lasagna noodles placed in opposite direction as first layer, the remaining ricotta mixture, all the mushrooms, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 1/8 cup Parmesan, the remaining lasagna noodles (alternating direction once more) and tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and remaining Parmesan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake until cheese is golden brown and bubble, about 15 more minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- This can be baked one day in advance and refrigerated overnight. Allowing the lasagna to cool before reheating helps solidify the dish and allows for easy cutting, and servings that don't slide and settle on the plate. It also just tastes better the next day!
Per Serving: 300 calories; 14 27.7 17.1 56 486 Full nutrition