Kale Salad with Cranberries
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 25 m servings 139
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Combine water and cranberries in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until cranberries are soft and liquid is syrupy, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in honey, remove from the heat, and allow to cool.
- Put kale and red onion in an 8-quart pot or a very large bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl; pour over the kale and stir well. Add feta cheese, walnuts, and moist cranberries with their syrup; stir until well combined. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate, stirring occasionally, until kale has wilted and shrunken in size, 3 to 8 hours.
- To serve, transfer to a smaller serving bowl.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I have substituted blue or Gorgonzola cheese for the feta and pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds for the walnuts with great results.
- If the kale looks dry after marinating for 4 hours, add additional olive oil and balsamic vinegar in equal amounts starting with 1/2 tablespoon each.
Per Serving: 139 calories; 9.4 12.1 3.8 11 295 Full nutrition