Ingredients6 h 45 m servings 134
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, until flour is deep golden and smells toasty, 7 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat if browning too quickly. Transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add oil, bell peppers, onion, and garlic to the skillet; cook and stir until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir into slow cooker until coated. Stir in sausage, tomatoes, broth, Cajun seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours or on High for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Stir in shrimp; cook until opaque, about 30 minutes on Low or 15 minutes on High.
- Meanwhile, place riced cauliflower in a heatproof dish, cover, and microwave until heated through, about 4 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Serve gumbo over cauliflower. Sprinkle with parsley and additional black pepper.
Per Serving: 134 calories; 3.5 16.1 12.1 59 273 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Everyone loved it aside for my two picky eaters. I added celery to it. This was my first adventure into making gumbo. I did end up serving it over white rice instead of riced cauliflower.
This was a fairly easy recipe to put together, but some folks might not be familiar with browning flour for more color and flavor. By browning the flour separately from the oil, the recipe call...
This was absolutely delicious! I used 2 tsp of cajun seasoning then let everyone else spice it up as desired. I used regular rice instead of cauliflower rice. This is a fabulous recipe and we...