Baked Rutabaga Casserole
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 177
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 small casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add rutabagas; boil until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend or whisk egg whites in a bowl until thick and frothy.
- Drain water from rutabagas and mash with a potato masher. Stir in butter while still hot so it melts and is distributed evenly, followed by egg yolks, green onion, dill, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Pour into a 9-inch ceramic or Pyrex(R) casserole dish that is approximately 1 1/2-inch thick.
- Combine croutons and almonds in the bowl of a food processor until crumbly. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you double the recipe and the casserole is thicker, you may want to cook it for 40 minutes.
Per Serving: 177 calories; 10 18.1 6.1 97 216 Full nutrition