Vitamix® Butternut Squash Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I was looking for a great butternut squash soup recipe that was creamy with great flavor. I found that I liked elements of many of the ones out there, but none hit the mark. So I created my own in the Vitamix®! My husband is an extremely picky eater when it comes to food consistency and he loved it. I hope you do as well. This recipe is now in our regular rotation. Top with paprika and parsley or your desired spice."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 338
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place butternut squash halves on the prepared baking sheet, flesh side up.
- Roast in the preheated oven until squash is fork tender and easily pierced with a knife, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add carrot, onion, and garlic and saute until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove squash from the oven and cool until easily handled. Scoop cooked squash into a bowl; discard skins.
- Combine chicken broth, 1/2 cup evaporated milk, half-and-half, sauteed veggie mixture, cooked squash, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper in a high performance blender (such as Vitamix(R)) in the order listed. Start blending on variable speed 1 and gradually increase to variable speed 10. Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds, then turn down to variable speed 1.
- Remove the cap while still blending and pour in remaining 3 tablespoons evaporated milk. Blend on variable speed 1 for 10 seconds more.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- For a creamier soup, use more half-and-half or heavy cream in place of evaporated milk. For a spicier soup, adjust cayenne pepper. To make it vegetarian, substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth.
- Change it up by adding potatoes, celery, or a different type of squash.
- Instead of roasting the squash, you can boil it for 20 to 25 minutes. Add sauteed ingredients and puree in a blender or food processor until desired consistency is reached. Transfer soup back to the saucepan and heat through, but do not boil.
Per Serving: 338 calories; 15.9 46.5 7.7 21 702 Full nutrition