Easy Vitamix® Apple Jam
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 148
Original recipe yields 16 servings (5 or 6 half-pint jars)
- Remove stems from apples and discard; wash. Peel and remove cores; reserve. Dice apples.
- Place apples into a large microwave-safe dish and microwave for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- At the same time, place peelings and cores into a pot with enough water to barely cover. Boil for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove diced apples from the microwave and mash with a potato masher. Add sugar, pectin, ginger, and salt. Stir.
- Pour cores, peelings, and liquid apple mixture into a Vitamix(R) and blend on high speed (8 or 9) until everything is well broken down to a thin applesauce consistency, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the apple mixture to a deep skillet and bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat, mix in lemon juice, and fill jars; clean the rims and seal.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If canning, jars should be heated and processed after filling.
Per Serving: 148 calories; 0.2 38.6 0.2 0 77 Full nutrition