Crab Cake-Stuffed Burgers
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Delicious, lean, grass-fed beef burgers stuffed with crab cakes for an unbelievable combinations of flavors. A whole new spin of surf 'n turf, all on a bun. Easily made in a toaster oven for a quick meal for two with very little cleanup. Recipe for two 1/2-pound stuffed burgers, but adjust as needed."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 1072
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat the oven or a toaster oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a toaster oven base pan with foil and spray the rack with nonstick olive oil spray.
- Combine crabmeat and panko bread crumbs in a bowl; mix together.
- Combine parsley, mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and cayenne for crab cakes in a separate bowl and mix thoroughly. Mix into crab mixture and form into two crab cakes; try to keep them compact and not too thick. Place on the prepared oven rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the crab cakes reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time. Remove from the oven and let sit on a wire rack.
- Combine beef, egg, Worcestershire, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper for burgers in a bowl. Mix thoroughly. Divide mixture into four equal parts and flatten until they are larger than the crab cakes.
- Lay one flattened burger out and place one crab cake in the middle. Lay a second burger on top and pinch the edges completely around, sealing around the crab cake. Repeat for the second burger. Place crab cake burgers on the toaster oven rack and coat tops with olive oil spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the centers and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centers reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), or to desired doneness, about 15 minutes.
- Top burgers with American cheese slices and serve on potato rolls.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use local ground beef if possible.
- You can use chili powder, habanero, etc., instead of cayenne.
Per Serving: 1072 calories; 75.6 35 66.9 388 1338 Full nutrition