Slow Cooker Candied Purple Yams
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 280
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place one layer of yam slices in the prepared slow cooker and sprinkle with brown sugar until covered. Repeat layers until all yams are placed in slow cooker.
- Mix melted butter, vanilla extract, and salt together in a small bowl; pour over yams in the slow cooker.
- Cook until yams are soft when pricked with a fork, 4 hours on Low or 2 hours on High. Transfer yams to a serving dish.
- Pour juices from the slow cooker into a small saucepan and heat over medium-low until juices reach a soft boil.
- Stir together cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth; add to the juices in the saucepan and continue to boil, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened. Pour sauce over yams and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
You might also like
Per Serving: 280 calories; 6.8 55 1.6 15 138 Full nutrition