Golden Cauliflower Rice with Garden Vegetables
4 made it | 0 reviews |
"The next time you need a vegan dish, or a veggie side, try this tasty combination of frozen riced cauliflower, a medley of veggies, and a variety of spices. It contains lots of antioxidants, and not too many carbs! It works as a vegan main dish with the addition of a salad and some naan. It also works as a sub for rice with almost any type of meat. Bonus: Lefties are great, too!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 90
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion to the hot oil and saute for about 1 minute. Add carrots, green beans, mushrooms, and bell pepper. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir riced cauliflower, garlic, turmeric, paprika, curry powder, salt, and pepper into the skillet. Continue cooking and stirring over medium heat until vegetables reach desired texture, about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm garnished with almonds and parsley.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use frozen French-cut green beans instead of fresh.
- I purposely used a scant amount of curry powder, due to family tastes. Leave it out completely, or add more if you love the flavor.
- The veggies will release some liquid as they cook, but if the skillet looks dry, add about 1 tablespoon water. Be sure to continue cooking until all the liquid has evaporated.
Per Serving: 90 calories; 5.8 7.9 3 0 53 Full nutrition