Truffled Stuffed Chicken Breast
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I love truffles, but can't afford the eat them as much as I like. I bought a bottle of white truffle oil and worked on a recipe until my kids gave it 2 thumbs up. This recipe can be easily doubled for a dinner party. We like to serve this chicken with wild rice and roasted baby beets with balsamic vinegar reduction."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 868
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 stuffed chicken breasts)
- Lay the chicken breasts flat and make a slit using a very sharp knife, but do not go all the way through. This will make a nice pocket for the stuffing. Pound the breasts evenly using a meat mallet or small saute pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Place bread in a bowl and pour milk over; let soak for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, then shallots. Saute shallots until softened, but not brown, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Cool slightly.
- Squeeze excess milk out of the bread and place in a large mixing bowl. Add mushroom-shallot mixture. Add Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, truffle oil, and egg. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Stuff each breast with 2 to 3 tablespoons of stuffing; do not overstuff. Pierce the chicken with toothpicks to seal the stuffing in. Season each breast with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining olive oil in the same skillet as used for mushrooms over medium heat. Brown chicken for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 18 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice chicken and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can alternatively lay the chicken breasts flat and cut the edges of the breasts with a very sharp knife so they open flat, better known as butterflying. If using this prep method, stuff breasts by placing stuffing on one side of the breasts and rolling up. Tie in 3 places using butcher's twine.
Per Serving: 868 calories; 32.2 93.2 48.2 117 1287 Full nutrition